Here is our end of 2020 quiz. There are 12 questions covering all 12 months.
- In which month did the World Health Organisation (WHO) officially name the coronavirus COVID-19?
- In which month did 100,000 people begin to demonstrate in Minsk against the Belarusian dictator Alexander Lukashenko after a disputed election?
- In which month did the Queen make a special ‘Address to the Nation’ concerning COVID-19 and Boris Johnson be admitted to hospital after contracting the Virus?
- In which month was George Floyd killed leading to riots across the United States and the BLM campaign?
- In which month did Apple Wildfires begin in California, leading to thousands being evacuated?
- In which month was a thin trade deal finally agreed between the UK and the EU?
- In which month did the Impeachment trial of Donald Trump for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress begin?
- In which month did Joe Biden announce his running mate for the Presidential election as Kamala Harris, the first woman of colour on a major party ticket?
- In which month did Boris Johnson announce a second lockdown lasting for four weeks?
- In which month were the UEFA Football Championships and Eurovision Song Contest suspended due to Covid-19?
- In which month did Rudy Giuliani accidently hold a press conference at a garden centre denouncing the results of the 2020 Presidential election?
- In which month was the statue of 17th century slave trader Edward Colston thrown into Bristol harbour?
Answers will be given on Twitter and Facebook on 2 and 3 January and also in our next edition.
Elsewhere on East Midlands Bylines
Please donate, follow us or sign up for the newsletter